On March 11, 2021, Ritualwell gathered a dynamic group of rabbis, poets, musicians, and liturgists to lead a ritual for marking one year since the announcement of the global coronavirus pandemic. Below is a list of all the resources shared at the event, in addition to the full recording of the event above.
Hosted by: Hila Ratzabi & Adva Chattler. Featuring: Trisha Arlin, Cantor Vera Broekhuysen, Kohenet Shamirah Bechirah, aka The first matriarch, wife of Abraham, and mother of Isaac, whom she birthed at the age of 90. Sarah, in Rabbinic tradition, is considered holy, beautiful, and hospitable. Many prayers, particularly the Amidah (the central silent prayer), refer to God as Magen Avraham – protector of Abraham. Many Jews now add: pokehd or ezrat Sarah – guardian or helper of Sarah. Chandler, Cathleen Priest. Descendants of Aaron who served in the Temple in Jerusalem. Today, in the absence of a Temple, Jews continue to keep track of who is a Cohen. A Cohen is accorded certain privileges in synagogue and is forbidden from entering a graveyard or marrying a divorcee. Priesthood is patrilineal – if one’s father was a Cohen, then one is a Cohen., Rabbi Sandra Lawson, Rabbi Haviva Ner-David, Heather Paul, Alden Solovy, Suzanne Sabransky. With music by: Elana Bell, Solomon Hoffman, & Sue Horowitz.
- “That We All May Rise,” by Stacey Zisook Robinson, z”l
- “Shed a Tear, Say a Prayer,” by Suzanne Sabransky
- “Kaddish for 2020,” by Rabbi Lily Solochek, Kohenet Shamirah, Rabbinical student May Ye, Rabbi Emily Cohen, Rabbi Raysh Weiss, Rabbi Noam Lerman
- “When the World Is Sick Mi Shebeirakh,” by Rabbi Annie Lewis
- “A Blessing for Washing Hands During a Pandemic,” by Trisha Arlin
- “Who Has Kept Us Alive: Prayer for Receiving the COVID-19 Vaccine,” by Heather Paul
- “Benching Gomel after Receiving the Second Dose of the Vaccine,” by Trisha Arlin
- “Pandemic Sabbath,” “For Waking,” by Cathleen Cohen
- “Prayer for Healers and Essential Workers,” by Cantor Vera Broekhyusen
- “Prayer After Recovering from COVID,” by Rabbi Deborah Waxman
- “Pandemic Anniversary Mikveh Visualization,” by Rabbi Haviva Ner-David
- “Havdalah Blessing Marking the End of the First Year of the COVID Pandemic,” by Hila Ratzabi
- “Harofei – From Psalm 147,” song and video by Solomon Hoffman