Thank you for the many blessings in my life, all there to inspire, nurture, support, guide and lift me up from the deep, fractured roots of my biological family tree.
I call upon you, dear God, to infuse clarity in the confusion, fulfillment in the emptiness and heart in the bitterness.
Dear God, please help me to:
- understand and believe that the choices I made are a necessary path toward life;
- memorialize those who are still living though from whom I am estranged, free from anger, free from guilt, free from indignation;
- erase the conversations and “tapes” of them in my mind;
- remember the good parts of them, because every one of us is made in the image of you, dear God;
- appreciate those in my life who have become my family, with generosity of spirit, tenderness of heart and kindness of soul.
I call upon you, dear God, to help me find a place of peace and comfort.