The Reconstructionist Rabbinical College and the Jewish Reconstructionist Communities seek a part time Editorial Associate for Ritualwell.org. The person in this position will work within the Community Engagement department, and will work closely with the editor of Ritualwell.org to maintain the site, edit Ritualwell blog posts, help manage Ritualwell’s social media, copyedit and publish new material to the site, and collaborate in planning for site expansions or reorganizations. The Editorial Associate will also manage recipient lists, format, copyedit, and schedule monthly emails, and work on other projects as assigned.
– Assist Ritualwell editor in oversight of site structure of Ritualwell.org, author assignment, etc.
– Assist the Ritualwell editor in developing blog posts and publication schedule.
– Copyedit new materials and upload when approved for publication.
– Interface with Web contractor as needed to support technical aspects of Ritualwell (Drupal updates) and recommend policy regarding future technical platform, hosting, and other issues.
– Strategic and entrepreneurial thinker regarding public digital engagement.
– Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to edit others’ work.
– Excellent project management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, meeting individual deadlines and helping collaborators stay on track.
– Website content management experience required, preferably in a Drupal environment.
– Experience with Mailchimp or similar email marketing software required.
– Attention to detail.
– Social media management experience is a plus.
– Basic proficiency with Photoshop or similar image editing software for creation of web graphics required.
– Video editing and storyboarding experience (or willingness to learn) is a plus.
– Nonprofit communications experience preferred.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proofreading and copy editing.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
– BA or equivalent professional experience.
– Familiarity with the Jewish online world and Jewish social media engagement preferred.
Ritualwell is an interactive website where one can find, create and share contemporary and traditional Jewish rituals to enhance everyday life and Jewish connection.
About the Position:
This position reports to the editor of Ritualwell.org and is part of the Community Engagement team. The position is located at RRC’s Wyncote campus. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please respond with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org